Thursday, February 11, 2010

And so it begins...the birth of The Betterment Guide

Like a Valentine's day gift to the world...The Betterment Guide, on behalf of the Betterment Foundation, is pulled from the ether and dropped on the web for all to see.
But what is Betterment? How does it work? How will it help me?

Well, first let's look at what it's not.

It's Not a wishy-washy self-help site. Don't get me wrong, I love my readers...but this is Betterment! We're a higher breed of self-improvers! We're on a march! We're taking over, one tiny step at a time...This is no time for gentleness. I'm gonna tell it like it is, and together we're gonna get through it.

It's not always going to make sense. This is straight from my heart, people. I'm not a doctor, not a know-it-all...hell, I'm not even always right! And although I'm on a mission of aid and love, it might not follow a pattern. So what! Right? I mean, if I want to talk about the utter joy found in a crisp creme brulee, or how rainy days can be incredibly wonderful and productive, or why I think whiteboards are the key to the universe, so be it!

I'm open to your suggestions and questions, but let's be real about one thing...Professor Betterment is still the professor, right or wrong. Somedays it's class discussion time, others it's just time to take notes...and still others it might be time to put your head on your desk and take a little nap.

What it is:
I'm going to try to find the things that help foster growth in the human spirit and bust 'em wide open for all to see. I'm going to talk about things that worked for me, things I'm trying, books I'm reading and anything else that comes to mind.

I'm probably going to talk a lot about things I like. The reason being that if the Professor likes it, hey...you might like it too. If you didn't want to learn anything you probably wouldn't be reading a Betterment Guide, right? So try a new idea, see if it helps you. It's not like I'm a genius or anything, just got a big heart and a constant drive to improve. So we'll take this journey together and who knows, maybe we'll get lost...maybe we'll get found...maybe we'll just pass some time together. I hope you'll have as much fun as I will. Talk to you soon,
Professor Betterment